Saturday, May 16, 2009

HADOKEN!

Things to be thankful for:

1) Talked to my boss about the way I was let go. Saved my job, albeit I've been demoted. But! Having a job is better than not having a job. It's better this way, really; my hourly shouldn't change, I'll have less hours and I won't have to worry so much about making up time I've missed for school. Now I just have to worry about finding health insurance (again).

2) I am officially done with this semester and I'm so happy I made it out alive. Seriously. Halfway through, I thought this semester was going to eat me alive, between having to balance 15 hours of school, 20 hours of work, and 4 hours at the hospital each week. I made it out, with a few cuts and bruises, but in hindsight, it was nothing God couldn't handle for me. I should be coming out with at least a 3.8 with an outside shot at perfect. A 3.8 is a little short of what I accomplished last semester, but all things considered, I'm satisfied. I don't think med schools will begrudge me one B considering the load I had this semester, and if they do, they can blow it out their ....

Anyway, going back to the job drama, I can't ignore the role God played in this. I was pretty much set on leaving Austin. And I'm still going to leave the first chance I get. But it's funny. I often have a hard time listening for God, really relying on Him and letting Him lead. This time I asked for guidance about what to do and He answered loud and clear: stay put. He did it speaking softly through others, but I've never had so obvious an answer to a prayer request. Crazy. Neither can I ignore how much God wants me to trust in His wisdom, because He really does see the beginning and the end of things. Now I just have to keep that in mind for the future.

I think it'll work out. Yeah, I'm freakin' tired of Austin, but I've only got one more semester to get through. Plus, I have the chance to actually graduate with honors and finally get my (2006!) class ring. Haha. Something to look forward to.

Isaiah 55:9: As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment